ARTP Practical Blood Gas Sampling 25th October 2019
Venue: Radisson Blu, 12 Holloway Circus, Queensway, Birmingham, B1 1BT
11 in stock
Radisson Blu, 12 Holloway Circus, Queensway, Birmingham, B1 1BT
This course is ideal for PTP graduates, STP direct entry students, Respiratory physiologists and assistants.
Course Aims and Objectives:
This course is designed to support the ARTP practitioner and associate professional examinations providing the candidate with all the underpinning knowledge required for these examinations..
- Be able to identify suitable sites for blood gas sampling.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of both methods.
- Demonstrate correct technique for blood gas sampling.
- Be able to compile a logbook of competence.
- Site selection for CBG’s and ABG’s
- Equipment selection
- Procedures for blood gas sampling
- Practical sessions
- Supervision and competence